ADVIA Centaur Herpes-1 IgG and Herpes-2 IgG Assays
Automate Type-Specific Herpes Testing
The ADVIA Centaur® Herpes-1 IgG (HSV1) and Herpes-2 IgG (HSV2)* assays are for in vitro diagnostic use in the qualitative determination of IgG antibodies to herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2), respectively, in human serum and plasma (EDTA and lithium heparin) using the ADVIA Centaur® CP and ADVIA Centaur® XP/XPT systems. These assays are intended for use as an aid in the determination of serological status to HSV-1 and HSV-2, respectively, and in the diagnosis of herpes simplex virus infection.
Importance of Herpes-1 IgG and Herpes-2 IgG diagnosis:
- HSV may cause serious infection in newborns and immunocompromised individuals1
- Detecting women at risk of HSV infection during pregnancy and near birth may improve outcomes2
- Type-specific diagnosis can guide duration and dosage of antiviral therapy2
ADVIA Centaur Herpes-1 IgG and Herpes-2 IgG assay benefits:
- Detect HSV-1 or HSV-2 specific IgG antibodies with recombinant type-specific glycoproteins
- Consolidate TORCH and routine assay testing onto one platform to improve lab productivity
- Automate manual TORCH testing to reduce hands-on labor and increase efficiency
Herpes assays available from Siemens Healthineers:
ADVIA Centaur CP/XP/XPT Systems
Herpes-I (HSV1) IgG
Herpes-2 (HSV2) IgG
IMMULITE® 2000/XPi Systems
Herpes I & II IgG
*Not available for sale in the U.S. Product availability may vary from country to country and is subject to varying regulatory requirements
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Genital Herpes—CDC Fact Sheet.
2. Bergström T1, Trybala E. Antigenic differences between HSV-1 and HSV-2 glycoproteins and their importance for type-specific serology. Intervirology. 1996;39(3):176–84.